Biology Professor Laurence Packer, a melittologist, and PhD student Scott MacIvor takes part in Bee-Day on Saturday, February 28, 2015 as keynote and panellists. Hosted by the Toronto Beekeepers Co-op, the annual Day consists of a wide range of activities, including:
- tips on developing bee friendly gardens
- an interactive hive and equipment demonstrations
- learning about bee biology and lifecycles
- information onn hive management and apitherapy
- a panel of bee experts and activists, drawn from academia, local producers and hobbyists will explore how cities are addressing the increasing number of bee deaths
Register early as Bee Day sells out every year!