What is academic advising?
Basically if there’s something you’re concerned about with respect to your studies we’re here to help. Science Academic Services (SAS) is your first stop for all information and advice. If SAS doesn’t have the answer they will be able to point you in the right direction!
Some common concerns include:
- Can I choose a particular course to meet my degree requirements?
- What happens if I repeat a course?
- I didn’t drop a course before the drop-date – what can I do now?
But academic advising is more than this. What about:
- I find I’m not much interested in the program I chose – what can I do?
- I’m not managing the workload very well – what can I do?
- My interests are very diverse. How can I take a diverse set of courses?
If you are a new student, you will receive face-to-face advising shortly after you decide to come to Science@York. You’ll also find a lot of the information you need on these pages.
If you are a current student we hope you’ll browse or search – or contact SAS!