Each Department has an active seminar series where researchers, usually from other institutions, are invited to present a talk about their latest research findings. Sometimes the speaker is actually being interviewed for a faculty position at York!
Undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to attend.
As an undergraduate student it is a fascinating way to glimpse the forefront of research. You can chat with others afterwards; perhaps you’ll ask a question of the speaker. In any case listening can only enhance your understanding of your field and the courses you may be taking.
- Biology seminars (choose the Seminar Series item in left menu)
- Chemistry seminars (choose seminars calendar in right hand panel)
- Geography seminars
- Mathematics and Statistics seminars (choose Colloquium link in left menu)
- Physics and Astronomy seminars (choose Colloquia and Other Events link in left menu)
- Science and Technology Studies seminars (choose Seminar Series link in left menu)
Teaching and Learning Seminar Series
The Faculty also organises a special lecture series on teaching and learning at which visiting speakers share innovative teaching methods and other strategies for enhancing effective teaching. These are typically advertised as upcoming events on this web site.