***Note: This panel is for York PhD students and postdocs only***
Join this career panel to learn about developing a career with a PhD outside of academia. You will have the chance to connect with professionals in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) professions and learn more about hiring practices, employer expectations and how to leverage higher education while exploring available career opportunities.
The event will take place on February 25, 2:00pm- 4:00pm in the Kaneff Tower, room 519
Panelists in attendance include:
- Janna Anichina, Application Scientist, SCIEX, Alumna: PhD Chemistry, 2009
- Bob Cheung, Dr. (Retired Senior Scientist) Defense Research, Alumnus: BSc and PhD Vestibular Physiology and Psychophysics, 1990
- Jillian Hatnean, Business Development Specialist, Mitacs Inc. PhD Chemistry, 2011, PDF Chemistry, 2013
- Terry Sachlos, Associate Director, BEST Program Lassonde School of Engineering. PhD, 2004, Postdoc MIT Harvard and McMaster
- Elissa Strome, Executive Director, SOSCIP (University of Toronto)
- Scott Tanner, Adjunct Professor, York University, Alumnus: PhD Chemistry, 1980
Panelists will share examples of opportunities within their fields while providing insight on how to translate academic skills to non- academic careers.
Please register through the Career Centre Online System.
Back to Events