The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)) is seeking expressions of interest from universities across the Commonwealth who are interested in collaborating on a new programme of activity called the Commonwealth Blue Charter Capacity Audit. By taking part in the audit, researchers will help map the current status of research across the Commonwealth to identify where future capacity building efforts could be targeted and new research partnership could be built. Please see below for more information.
• To help map the current status of marine plastics research and innovation across the Commonwealth
• To inform recommendations regarding the design of future Commonwealth Marine Plastics Research and Innovation Framework (MPRIF) funding calls and capacity building strengthening activities
The audit will address three areas of MPRIF:
• Preventing plastics from becoming waste and getting into the oceans in the first place – working towards a circular economy
• Developing low carbon sustainable alternatives to plastic
• Creating sustainable options for cleaning up the marine environment
All activity will take place between November 2018 and March 2019
To register your interest, please fill in this form by Friday 30 November 2018.
Read more about this new programme on the ACU website
Back to Funding Opportunities