Partnership Grants provide support for new and existing formal partnerships over four to seven years to advance research, research training and/or knowledge mobilization in the social sciences and humanities through mutual co-operation and sharing of intellectual leadership, as well as through shared resources as evidenced by cash and/or in-kind contributions.
Please Note: SSHRC has not formally launched the 2019 competition, but York University is launching an internal Notice of Intent (iNOI) process early given the competitiveness and strategic importance of the competition to the university.
Internal Notice of Intent
All researchers planning to apply to the SSHRC Partnership Grants program – Letter of Intent phase – are required to submit an Internal Notice of Intent (iNOI) to Diana Frasca, SIRI Specialist in the Office of Research Services (ORS) no later than 9am on November 23, 2018. iNOI packages will be reviewed by the Strategic Project and Opportunity Review Team (SPORT), as well as Diana Frasca, and reviews will be returned to Project Directors by December 14, 2018.
Please Note: Because SSHRC Partnership Grants are institutional awards and require the support of researchers’ respective Departments, Faculties, Organized Research Units (ORU), and the Office of the Vice-President Research and Innovation (VPRI), the iNOI package should be accompanied by confirmed commitments. In order to secure these commitments, all researchers should notify their Department, Faculty Research Office, ORU, and Diana Frasca as soon as possible about their intention to apply (ideally in September).
For more information and to set up a one-on-one meeting contact Diana Frasca, SIRI Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strategic and Institutional Research Initiatives (SIRI) will also host the English portion of the SSHRC-hosted PG LOI webinar via Adobe Connect at the following time:
Letter of Intent (English)
|Wednesday, October 17, 2018,
Kaneff Tower, Room 510
SSHRC Partnership Grant Application
Application components include:
- NOI application form
- Project Goals and Description (8 pages)*
- Description of Team (3 pages)*
- Proposed Contributions Plan (1 page)*
- Funds Requested from SSHRC (use the attached budget template)*
- Principal Investigator SSHRC CV, Research Contributions, and Relevant Experience*
- Project Alignment with University and Faculty Strategic Plans (1 page)
- Confirmation of York University commitments to the proposed partnership (i.e. email communications, Dean’s memo)
*For bullets 2-6, please follow SSHRC Partnership Grant Letter of Intent Guidelines.
Value of Awards
Stage 1: Letter of Intent – Up to $20,000
Stage 2: Full Application (by invitation only) – between $500,000 and $2.5 million over 4-7 years
Important Dates and Deadlines
- SSHRC Partnership Grant webinar: October 17 (English) & 18 (French), 2018
- iNOI + Confirmation of Resources/Institutional Support Submitted to ORS: November 23, 2018
- SPORT Committee + SIRI Specialist Feedback: December 14, 2018
- ORS Deadline for Final Technical Review of Completed Application: January 25, 2019
- Final ORS deadline for complete Letter of Intent: February 14, 2019
- Agency Deadline for Letter of Intent: February 15, 2019
- SSHRC Results: Spring 2019
- Full Application Deadline (by invitation only): October 29, 2019
- SSHRC Interview Phase (all applicants invited to full application): February 2020
- Funds Released: March 2020
For complete details on this funding program, please click here.
Back to Funding Opportunities