The Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR) recently announced the 2018 Call for Applications to the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program. A summary is provided below.
This programs provides funding and support to help early career researchers build networks and essential skills to position them as leaders and agents of change within academia and beyond.
Applicants must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of a full-time academic appointment.
Scholars’ research interest must be aligned with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program. Eligible programs are:
- Azrieli Program in Brain, Mind & Consciousness
- Bio-inspired Solar Energy
- Gravity & the Extreme Universe
- Humans & the Microbiome
- Molecular Architecture of Life
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars receive:
- $100, 000 CDN in undesignated research support
- A two-year appointment in a CIFAR research program, a global network of top-tier research leaders
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with colleagues from a range of disciplines
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training, a support to put skills into action
Submission to ORS – February 8, 2018
Submission to agency – February 22, 2018
For more information on this funding opportunity and how to apply, please click here.
Back to Funding Opportunities