The Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR) recently announced the 2019 Call for Applications to the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program. A summary is provided below.
This program provides funding and support to help early career researchers build networks and develop essential skills to become the next generation of research leaders.
Applicants must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of a full-time academic appointment.
Scholars’ research interest must be aligned with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program. Eligible programs are:
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars receive:
• $100, 000 CDN in undesignated research support
• A two-year appointment in a CIFAR research program, a global network of top-tier research leaders
• Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with colleagues from diverse disciplines
• Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
• Specialized leadership and communication skills training, a support to put skills into action
Submission to ORS – January 22, 2019
Submission to agency – February 5, 2019
For more information on this funding opportunity and how to apply, please visit the following link:
Back to Funding Opportunities