The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) recently announced that is it participating in a joint co-funded call for proposals with Europe as part of GENDER-NET Plus. This joint call invites research integrating a gender dimension in addressing urgent societal challenges. Details are provided below.
- To support Canadian researchers interested in investigating sex and gender in health through transnational collaborations.
The call invites interdisciplinary applications exploring sex and gender effects and dimensions in research topics relating to one or more of the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
- Good health and well-being (SDG 3)
- SDG3: Gender-based violence (topic 1.1)
- SDG3: Sex, Gender and Aging (topic 1.2)
- SDG3: Sex, Gender and Health (topic 1.3)
- Infrastructure, Industrialization and Innovation (SDG 9)
- SDG9: Gender and New Technologies (topic 2.1)
- SDG9: Gender in Entrepreneurship and in the Innovation System (topic 2.2)
- Climate Action (SDG 13)
- SDG13: Gender Dimension in Climate Behavior and Decision-Making (topic 3.1)
The call invites both basic and applied research. For any chosen topic, an interdisciplinary approach that addresses the interplay between society – technology and culture is encouraged. Research that addresses the social dimension of gender is strongly encouraged.
IMPORTANT: CIHR will support applications that respond to SDG 3, Good Health and Well-being, topics 1.2 and 1.3 only.
Up to 3 years
Pre-proposal due at ORS: February 21, 2018
Mandatory pre-proposal application due to Gender-Net: March 1, 2018, 5:00 pm (Central European Time)
Full application due at ORS: June 29, 2018
Full application due at CIHR: July 16, 2018
Full application due at Gender-Net: Mid July 2018
For further details on this program, please click here.
Back to Funding Opportunities