The International Development Research Centre (IDRC), the Israel Science Foundation (ISF), the Azrieli Foundation, and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) have issued a Call for Proposals in immunology research under the Joint Canada-Israel Health Research Program. A summary is provided below.
This program seeks to support fundamental research at the cutting-edge of biomedical science. This call is directed toward basic biomedical sciences in neurobiology, while building capacity and furthering the knowledge-base in low and middle income countries.
The specific objectives are:
- To advance research and discovery in the biomedical sciences;
- To encourage scientific collaboration between Canadian and Israeli researchers and trainees; and
- To build capacity in biomedical science and foster scientific relations and collaborations with researchers and trainees in low and middle income countries.
Potential topics may include, but are not limited to the following:
- molecular, genetic and epigenetic basis of neurological diseases
- developmental neurobiology
- regenerative medicine in brain disease
- cellular and molecular basis of cognition
- modeling brain function
- imaging of neural processes
- brain-machine interface
- novel technologies in neurobiology
Up to $390K/year
Registration due at agency – January 16, 2018
Submission of application to ORS – January 30, 2018
Submission of application to agency – February 13, 2018
For further details on this funding opportunity, please click here.
Back to Funding Opportunities