The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) is requesting Letters of Intent (LOI) for the Discovery and Development of Immune Tolerance Delivery Systems for Antigen Specific Therapies in Type 1 Diabetes (T1D).
The Foundation is seeking letters of interest from investigators who are interested in discovering and developing novel tolerance delivery systems for the prevention and/or treatment of T1D.
Examples of relevant topics include, but are not limited to:
- Improvements in the potency of particulate delivery vehicles/substrates (e.g., nanoparticles, apoptotic cells, liposomes, etc.)
- Identification of superior tolerance-inducing agents and delivery systems by performing rigorous comparisons of potency and activity of existing and novel entities to induce immune tolerance
- Repurposing of tolerance delivery systems for use in T1D that have been used successfully in or are being developed for other autoimmune/allergic indications
- Development of existing and novel immune tolerance-promoting molecules and agents for incorporation into tolerance-delivery systems for antigen specific immunotherapies
- Tolerance-delivery systems designed to exploit novel molecular targets to achieve immune tolerance
- Generation and evaluation of anigen presenting cell targeting systems for autoantigen delivery
- Improvements in stability and/or potency of autoantigen for delivery of mucosal tolerance
- Development of tolerance-inducing viral and bacterial delivery systems
Announcement Introduction and Public Q&A
JDRF will hold an announcement introduction meeting via web and teleconference on November 16, 2015 for applicants who would like to find out more about this initiative and the application process. A brief introduction on JDRF’s new grant application portal will also be given.
Value and Duration
Up to $250,000 USD per year
Announcement Introduction and Public Q&A Information – November 16, 2015
Submission of LOI to ORS for review – November 19, 2015
Submission of LOI to Foundation – December 3, 2015
Submission of Full Proposal to ORS for review – February 17, 2015
Submission of Full Proposal (by invitation only) to Foundation – March 2, 2016
Back to Funding Opportunities