NSERC’s Discovery Grants Program supports ongoing programs of research (with long-term goals) rather than a single short-term project or collection of projects. There are three types of Subatomic Physics (SAP) Discovery Grants: Individual, Team, and Project. Researchers are free to work in the mode most appropriate for the research area. The Discovery Grants Program assists in:
● promoting and maintaining a diversified base of high-quality research capability in the natural sciences and engineering in Canadian universities;
● fostering research excellence; and
● providing a stimulating environment for research training.
Applications are rated according to the following criteria:
● Scientific or Engineering Excellence of the Researcher(s)
● Merit of the Proposal
● Contribution to the Training of Highly Qualified Personnel
● Relative Cost of Research
Individual, Team: Up to five years
Project: Up to three years
Please note this opportunity’s mandatory internal deadline: October 30 at noon and the Online submission deadline: November 3 at noon.
Please consult NSERC’s Discovery Grants or Subatomic Physics Discovery Grants page for further details on these programs. For information on selection criteria for this opportunity, please see NSERC’s Policy and Guidelines on the Assessment of Contributions to Research and Training.
Back to Funding Opportunities