- To honour people and groups who are inspirational in the way they promote science to the general public; and
- To recognize, support and encourage outstanding science promoters.
Science promotion could include activities such as:
- organizing science camps, fairs, clubs or programs with youth organizations;
- creating new learning materials;
- developing science and engineering related co-op programs or job shadowing initiatives
- arranging demonstrations, visits and lectures;
- writing books and articles;
- creating radio or television programs;
- generating public involvement through multi-media programs.
Individual recipients will receive a $10,000 award and group recipients will receive a $25,000 award.
Up to 3 years
Nominations due at ORS – August 18, 2017
Nominations due at agency – September 1, 2017
For complete details on the Science Promotion Award and application process, please consult the following links:
Back to Funding Opportunities