The Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) recently issued a Call for Letters of Intent (LOI) for its Food Safety Research Program 2017/2018 to enhance food safety in Ontario through innovative research.
- To support the OMAF and MRA Emergency Management research theme, which seeks to lessen the frequency and impact of agri-food emergencies.
- To fund demand-driven research that has ready receptors in policy, programs or the marketplace.
Program outcomes include:
- New or enhanced technologies that support the agri-food industry and government regulatory and laboratory programs
- New information about emerging food hazards and contaminants
- New strategies to reduce, eliminate or otherwise manage food safety risks
Proposals are solicited that will generate new knowledge and/or technologies in the following areas:
- Pathway Analysis
- Detection and surveillance
- Prevention and control of disease
Up to $150,000
Up to 3 years
ORS deadline for Letters of Intent: Friday, August 4, 2017
Agency deadline for Letters of Intent – Monday, August 21, 2017 by 11:59am EST
Full Application (by invitation only) – OMAFRA will notify all applicants of their LOI status. The deadline for the full application submission to the agency has not yet been determined.
This consultation will provide an overview of the research program and the Research Management System (RMS) on-line application system. There will also be time for questions. The consultation will be held on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 from 1:30 – 3:00pm in the Conference Centre (Room 1) at 1 Stone Road West, Guelph, Ontario. You can attend the consultation in person or by webinar. To register, please contact Krista Kapitan, email@example.com.
Back to Funding Opportunities