The Weston Brain Institute recently announced a Call for Letters of Intent for the 2018 Transformational Research Program. A summary is provided below
To provide funding for translational research that will accelerate the development of therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases of aging.
Projects must meet two conditions to be eligible:
1) Be translational research that helps accelerate the development of therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases of aging
2) Be the development of a therapeutic and/or tool
Neurodegenerative diseases of aging by the Institute’s definition:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Dementia with Lewy bodies
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Multiple system atrophy
- Parkinson’s disease
- Progressive supranuclear palsyVascular contributions to neurodegeneration (not stroke-mediated vascular disease)
- Mild cognitive impairment as prodromal to Alzheimer’s disease
- REM sleep behavior disorder as prodromal to Parkinson’s disease
The Institute will be holding an online Program Information Webinar on Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 1:00pm EDT. This session is intended to provide you with comprehensive information on the application process and to provide an opportunity for open questions. To register for the session, please click here.
Up to $1.5M
Up to 3 years
Submission of Letter of Intent (LOI) to ORS for review – February 1, 2018
LOI submission to agency – February 15, 2018 by 2:00pm EST
Notification of proposal invitation – April 2017
Submission of full proposal to ORS for review – 10 working days before agency deadline
Submission of full proposal to agency (by invitation only) – To be determinedFor complete details on this opportunity and application process, please click here.
Back to Funding Opportunities