The Weston Brain Institute recently launched the Rapid Response 2017 program for PD-related diseases. A summary is provided below.
To provide seed funding for novel, high-risk, high-reward transnational research ideas to accelerate the development of safe and effective treatments for neurodegenerative diseases of aging.
This call is focused on the PD-related diseases:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Progressive supranuclear palsy
- Dementia with Lewy bodies
- Multiple systems atrophy
- Prodromes to the above
- Vascular contributions to the above
Projects must meet two conditions to be eligible:
- Be translational research that helps accelerate the development of therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases of aging
- Be the development of a therapeutic and/or tool
Up to $200K
Up to 18 months
Submission of Letter of Intent (LOI) to ORS: April 25, 2017
Submission of LOI to agency: May 9, 2017 at 2:00pm EDT
Submission of full proposal to ORS: July 27, 2017
Submission of full proposal to agency (by invitation only): August 10, 2017 at 2:00pm EDT
For complete details on this opportunity and application process, please see here.
Back to Funding Opportunities