Faculty of Science hosts awards evening to honour top students
Last night the Faculty of Science hosted its annual awards ceremony honouring the achievements of its top students and teaching staff.
The evening took place Nov. 13 at the Lassonde Building, Lecture Hall A, with 400 students, parents, and faculty members in attendance.
The audience was addressed by interim dean Don Hastie, who credited students for their outstanding achievements. “The Faculty of Science is very proud of its students,” he said. “Tonight we honour their incredible accomplishments and academic excellence and look forward to the future contributions our students will make in their respective fields.”
Among the award recipients were undergraduate students, graduate students, and faculty alike. Some of the major wins of the night included:
- Michaela Gasner, Governor General’s Silver Medal
- Menal Huroy, Alumni Award of Distinction
- Kosal Chhin, The Chancellor Bennett Entrance Award for the Westview Partnership
- Sina Alipour-Nazari, Miranda Chen, and Khashayar Gharavi, Dr. James Wu Research Internships for Engineering
- Mojtaba Ahmadi, Mihai Alboiu, Virginia Bertucci, Philip Christian, Miranda Dibiase, Shira Elion-Jourard, Khashayar Gharavi, Farhad Ghasemi, Rozbeh Kamran-Disfani, Yehoshua Komarovsky, Cristina Lento, Akshay Lobo, John MacIsaac, Philip Maciukiewicz, Emil Noordeh, Iain Page, Ryan Patak, Dafna Perez, Leonid Rozenfeld, Juan Sanchez, Brian Sunga, Adnrew Tersigni and Richard Thai, NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Awards
- Paul Moroz, The William & Nona Heaslip Scholarship
- Jessica Maloh, York University Award of Achievement
- Daniel Kulevski, Shaili Perez, Aryeh Price, Antonette Spagnuolo, Catherine Spagnuolo and Brian Sunga, York University President’s Scholarships.
The awards ceremony was followed by a reception where students had the opportunity to mingle with professors and senior University administrators.
Back to Research News