- Students who are enrolled as a full-time student (Honours or Specialized) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Environmental Science, and Environmental Biology
- Overall cumulative GPA close to 6.5 to be accepted into the Co-op Program
- Interested in gaining professional work experience before graduation
We recommend students apply after they complete their 1st year of studies. Co-op is available to both domestic and international students.
Step 1: Attend a co-op information session. If you weren’t able to attend an information session and you’re interested in applying, please contact Jolie Chan at email@example.com.
Step 2: Applications for the 2019-2020 Co-op Program are now closed. Applications for 2020 – 2021 will open in April 2020.
Step 3: Confirmation of Acceptance: All student applications will be reviewed and checked for eligibility. Successful candidates will be notified by e-mail that they have been accepted. Only those students who have been accepted will be given permission to enroll in SC/COOP 2000 2.00.
Step 4: Enroll in SC/COOP 2000 2.00 for the upcoming Fall term.
Applications for 2019-2020 are now closed. We recommend students wait until they receive all their grades from the previous fall/winter session before applying.
|Fall Term||Winter Term||Summer Session|
|Year 1||Study||Study||Apply for Co-op Program|
|Year 2||SC/COOP 2000 2.00||Study||First Co-op work term|
|Year 3||Study||Study or Co-op||Study or Co-op|
|Year 4||Study or Co-op||Study or Co-op||Study or Co-op|
*Note: there must be at least one term of full-time studies after the last work term.
Yes, all co-op positions are paid. You will be working full-time with your employer for the duration of co-op.
Undergraduate students are considered full-time if they are registered in a course load of at least 60% or 9.00 credits in each term. If you are an undergraduate student with a permanent disability, you are considered full-time if you are registered in a course load of at least 40% or 6.00 credits in each term.
- Program Enrollment Fee – $200 (This fee is to cover the costs of providing customized job search and career support services for co-op students, access to the co-op job posting board and the overall administration of the program)
- Work term courses (per course, i.e. for each 4 month work term) – $475
The academic course, COOP 2000 2.00, carries the normal per credit fee as it will count towards your elective credit.
Upper level students in 3rd or 4th year may not be eligible for co-op as you need time to complete SC/COOP 2000 2.00 during the Fall term and have at least 9.00 credits remaining in your degree before you go on your first work term. We still encourage all students who meet the eligibility criteria to apply, however, as all student applications will be reviewed one by one to determine eligibility.