The Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR) recently announced the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program. A summary is provided below.
- This programs provides funding and support to help early career researchers build networks and essential skills to position them as leaders and agents of change within academia and beyond.
- Applicants must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within five years of their first full-time academic appointment.
Scholars’ research interest must be aligned with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program. Eligible programs are:
Institutions, Organizations & Growth
Cosmology & Gravity
Learning in Machines & Brains
Bio-inspired Solar Energy
Child & Brain Development
Humans & the Microbiome
Molecular Architecture of Life
Azrieli Program in Brain, Mind & Consciousness
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars receive:
• $100, 000 CDN in undesignated research support
• A two-year appointment to a CIFAR research program aligned with their research interests
• Mentorship from experienced researchers
• Specialized leadership and communication skills training
Submission to ORS – May 9, 2017
Submission to agency – May 23, 2017 by 11:59 PM Eastern Time Zone
For more information on this funding opportunity and how to apply, please see here.
Back to Funding Opportunities